The latest version of OpenMPT has been released today.
This release fixes a few bugs introduced in previous versions of OpenMPT 1.22 and also adds several new features and other improvements.
If everything goes well and no new big bugs are found, this will be the last release of OpenMPT 1.22. It's been a somewhat bumpy road since a lot of code has been restructured and rewritten to facilitate the separation of player and tracker code for the upcoming libopenmpt (a new cross-platform module playing library and a replacement for the more or less dead libmodplug), but the important steps have been done, so the number of drastic code chances should decrease again. For the upcoming OpenMPT 1.23, we plan the first official release of a 64-bit version of OpenMPT, completely with our own plugin bridge to simplify usage of 32-bit plugins in a 64-bit OpenMPT and vice versa.
These are the noteworthy improvements and changes in OpenMPT 1.22.06.00:
- Added support for Kernel Streaming on Windows XP and WaveRT on Windows Vista and newer (shown as "WDM-KS" in the soundcard options).
- Unified dialogs for WAV export and lossy audio export. Support for FLAC (built-in), Opus and OGG Vorbis has been added to this dialog.
- Added an option to clean the output buffers of plugins before exporting (renders up to 20 seconds of silence per plugin).
- In the tree view, note-off on key-up was accidentally also applied to the lower part of the tree view.
- Audio is no longer paused / stuttering while a plugin is loaded.
- SysEx messages are sent to plugins in a different way now. This fixes SysEx messages sent through OpenMPT's MIDI Input / Output plugin.
- Loading MPTM files made with older versions of OpenMPT could previously trash some Parameter Control parameters.
- Re-enabled support for ADPCM-compressed samples in MOD files.
- Updated RAR unpacker. All RAR formats up to the current RAR 5.0 are now supported.
- Improved DBM loader to support panning envelopes, 32-bit samples, pattern names and multiple songs.
- Improved AMS (Extreme's Tracker / Velvet Studio) support by supporting more variations of the format, fixing default tempo and speed settings (broken since OpenMPT 1.22.03.00) and improving the precision of the vibrato envelope.
- Fixed broken patterns in DSM files and added support for delta-encoded samples.