The latest stable release is OpenMPT 1.23.05.00. It was released September 6, 2014.
- MD5: ad8bdc490608931f193481194840fb08
- SHA-1: 1e3d0dc4828fa9b54b9872c918b10d2da0ac078b
- MD5: b4471cbfc5c8bdad85d2f4eff98c18d4
- SHA-1: 5821a75aa2d9fc3588bc076bb8ae7932edee7da4
If you are upgrading from an older version, it might be a good idea to read the release notes first.
OpenMPT should run on about every computer that has Windows or Wine installed. For more details, consult the system requirements.
32-bit or 64-bit, which one is for me?
The 32-bit version will run on all supported systems. Apart from a slight performance increase, there are some situations in which you can benefit from using the 64-bit version if you have an operating system that can run 64-bit programs:
- If you use no plugins, or most of your plugins are available as 64-bit plugins, use the 64-bit version.
- If you need more than 4 GB of RAM for plugins and samples, use the 64-bit version.
Do not install the 32-bit and 64-bit versions into the same directory.
It is recommended to use the installer provided above, as it also offers the possibility to associate module files with OpenMPT and scan for already installed VST plugins. It also comes with a portable mode which won't do any modifications to the registry and will write all settings to the program directory. However, if you prefer a zipped archive for some reason, those are also still available:
- MD5: e788640aa221a77bf90788b1deb1c740
- SHA-1: bf65c3f80990af63e65567456fcdf4423b2dd980
- MD5: c3a5e5b6e75d6b292a9cf192c8090958
- SHA-1: 267c5145ed25d110a207d9cf103ae250214c8572
Note that the zipped version is not configured to be portable by default.
OpenMPT is licensed under the BSD license.
- Our comprehensive wiki pages give insight into OpenMPT, not only for beginners.
- If you found a bug or have a feature request, you can use our issue tracker.
- Got a problem with the software? Visit our forums and read the FAQ!
- The OpenMPT sourcecode is available at SourceForge.
- Subscribe to our RSS feed if you want to be informed automatically about news concerning OpenMPT.
libopenmpt and input plugins
OpenMPT's playback engine can be used in your own projects as well. Have a look at our cross-platform module playing library, libopenmpt! The libopenmpt package comes with pre-compiled input plugins for several popular audio players, so you can use OpenMPT's playback capabilities in your favourite media player as well!
Are you looking for ModPlug Tracker 1.16 or ModPlug Player? Have a look at the legacy section!
Older releases of OpenMPT can be found in the release archive.
- Here's a nice wallpaper by Snu. Resolution: 1600x1200, with alpha transparency, so it also works great at other resolutions.