The latest stable release is OpenMPT 1.22.03.00. It was released May 18, 2013.
- size: 3.59 MB (3,771,797 bytes)
- MD5: 86ba985b1ed9f5215ba6c3e56a373fd4
- SHA-1: 0ca926a4e39c8450277b1d185aed5b545aee21eb
If you are upgrading from an older version, it might be a good idea to read the release notes first.
OpenMPT should run on about every computer that has Windows or Wine installed. For more details, consult the system requirements.
It is recommended to use the installer, as it also offers the possibility to associate module files with OpenMPT and scan for already installed VST plugins. It also comes with a portable mode which won't do any modifications to the registry and will write all settings to the program directory. However, if you prefer a zipped archive for some reason, those are also still available:
- size: 3.77 MB (3,954,061 bytes)
- MD5: c1c6f35b2dc196772cac78d783dbb963
- SHA-1: 602d9b47ecd9af62d4076c1820435a3e728f91e5
Note that the zipped version is not configured to be portable by default.
OpenMPT is licensed under the BSD license.
Newer test releases are available for ModPlug Central forum members.
- Our comprehensive wiki pages give insight into OpenMPT, not only for beginners.
- If you found a bug or have a feature request, you can use our issue tracker.
- Got a problem with the software? Visit our forums and read the FAQ!
- The OpenMPT sourcecode is available at SourceForge.
- Subscribe to our RSS feed if you want to be informed automatically about news concerning OpenMPT.
Are you looking for ModPlug Tracker 1.16 or ModPlug Player? Have a look at the legacy section!
Older releases of OpenMPT can be found in the release archive.
- Here's a nice wallpaper by Snu. Resolution: 1600x1200, with alpha transparency, so it also works great at other resolutions.