The latest stable release is OpenMPT 1.26.05.00, released on 3 September 2016.
- MD5: b6b6b5dc3afc3a0d5fef6298df8e4851
- SHA-1: 7911de82e1b8799f7efeb4b1630875432e914e5b
- MD5: 70d232335f4bc952f222850d8920af8c
- SHA-1: 0f93834fa63c37fdc8bb98c6c9f31412ffd5fafb
If you are upgrading from an older version, it might be a good idea to read the release notes first to learn about new features.
Open ModPlug Tracker runs on about every computer that has Windows or Wine installed. For more details, consult the system requirements.
32-bit or 64-bit, which one is for me?
The 32-bit version will run on all supported systems. Apart from a slight performance increase, there are some situations in which you can benefit from using the 64-bit version:
- Your computer runs the 64-bit version of Windows 7 or newer.
- You use no VST plugins, or most of your plugins are available as 64-bit plugins.
- You need more than 4 GB of RAM for plugins and samples.
- Do not use the 64-bit version if you use a lot of 32-bit plugins (or vice versa), as this will slow down OpenMPT considerably!
- Do not install the 32-bit and 64-bit versions into the same directory.
It is recommended to use the installer provided above, as it also offers the possibility to associate module files with OpenMPT and comes with a portable mode which won't do any modifications to the registry and will write all settings to the program directory. In case of the 32-bit version, it will also automatically choose the correct build for you. However, if you prefer a zipped archive for some reason, those are also still available:
- MD5: f41982091b1908a23e562a7484929efb
- SHA-1: 1074221a5a42ec7cd1153e93a5d1f89c20688991
- MD5: 920cbc60ad4b86a3e1c39988bb3a998a
- SHA-1: 0aa8d412afbec522a3b409f859c69f2b0ead673f
- MD5: 8468ab8ff70824b29a10770db2b76f1c
- SHA-1: c2d6c0aa33210b43156d8981a16f88ae2d27ed1a
Note that the zipped version is not configured to be portable by default.
OpenMPT is licensed under the BSD license.
- Our comprehensive wiki pages give insight into OpenMPT, not only for beginners.
- If you found a bug or have a feature request, you can use our issue tracker.
- Got a problem with the software? Visit our forums and read the FAQ!
- Subscribe to our RSS feed if you want to be informed automatically about news concerning OpenMPT.
libopenmpt and input plugins
OpenMPT's playback engine can be used in your own projects as well. Have a look at our cross-platform module playing library, libopenmpt! The libopenmpt package comes with pre-compiled input plugins for several popular audio players, so you can use OpenMPT's playback capabilities in your favourite media player as well!
Older releases of OpenMPT can be found in the release archive. If you found a bug in the current version or have other issues that prevent you from upgrading, please don't just go back to using an old version - report the bug so that we can actually fix it.
Are you looking for ModPlug Tracker 1.16 or ModPlug Player? Have a look at the legacy section!
- Here's a nice ModPlug wallpaper by Snu. Resolution: 1600x1200, with alpha transparency, so it also works great at other resolutions.