The latest stable release is OpenMPT 1.29.11.00, released on 4 July 2021.
- SHA-256: 6D47552853578E74E3F80AEC6C2546988927A0E2F75187CB8112575EFA8F9E3C
- SHA-256: B634049511F2AB4AAA026D0863FF9D1DF2F73AC7602D7E6F2EC65BBED06CC9C5
If you are upgrading from an older version, it might be a good idea to read the release notes first to learn about new features.
Open ModPlug Tracker runs on about every computer that has Windows 7 or later (or Wine 1.8 or later) installed. For more details, consult the system requirements.
32-bit or 64-bit, which one is for me?
The 32-bit version will run on all supported systems. Apart from a slight performance increase, there are some situations in which you can benefit from using the 64-bit version:
- Your computer runs a 64-bit Windows edition.
- You use no VST plugins, or most of your plugins are available as 64-bit plugins.
- You need more than 4 GB of RAM for plugins and samples.
- Do not use the 64-bit version if you use a lot of 32-bit plugins (or vice versa), as this will slow down OpenMPT considerably!
- Do not install the 32-bit and 64-bit versions into the same directory.
It is recommended to use the installer provided above, as it also offers the possibility to associate module files with OpenMPT. However, if you prefer a portable zipped archive, those are also available:
- SHA-256: 0C6AD8C985651A11BD09B3E833B6787D8E28B62AEB324101116C4955316B3F1E
- SHA-256: 74F2C52954B5F139C814D4A0DA5D5A393AB57C3B3B23260FA7ED71DDAB8C01DD
OpenMPT is licensed under the New BSD License.
- Our comprehensive wiki pages give insight into OpenMPT, not only for beginners.
- If you found a bug or have a feature request, you can use our issue tracker.
- Got a problem with the software? Visit our forums and read the FAQ!
- Subscribe to our RSS feed if you want to be informed automatically about news concerning OpenMPT.
libopenmpt and input plugins
OpenMPT's playback engine can be used in your own projects as well. Have a look at our cross-platform module playing library, libopenmpt! The libopenmpt package comes with pre-compiled input plugins for several popular audio players, so you can use OpenMPT's playback capabilities in your favourite media player as well!
Older releases of OpenMPT can be found in the release archive. If you found a bug in the current version or have other issues that prevent you from upgrading, please don't just go back to using an old version - report the bug so that we can actually fix it.
- The last version of OpenMPT supporting Windows XP and Windows Vista is OpenMPT 1.28.10.00.
- The last version of OpenMPT supporting Wine 1.6 is OpenMPT 1.27.11.00.
- The last version of OpenMPT supporting Windows 98 SE, Windows ME (both with KernelEx and all updates installed), Windows 2000, and Wine 1.0 is OpenMPT 1.26.14.00.
- The last version of OpenMPT supporting Windows 98 SE and Windows ME natively is OpenMPT 1.18.03.00.
Are you looking for ModPlug Tracker 1.16 or ModPlug Player? Have a look at the legacy section!
- Here's a nice ModPlug wallpaper by Snu. Resolution: 1600x1200, with alpha transparency, so it also works great at other resolutions.