The latest version of OpenMPT has been released today.
This is mostly a bugfix to address bugs found in the previous OpenMPT 1.24 release, but also brings a few other improvements. These are the noteworthy improvements and changes in OpenMPT 1.24.02.00:
- Added suppport for custom pattern fonts as well as upscaled variants of the built-in fonts for High-DPI devices. Ever wanted to write a song using Comic Sans or Wingdings? Now you can...
- Show verbose pattern effect descriptions in the status bar instead of the short versions.
- Note-offs from past notes are no longer written when recording notes into patterns.
- The Parameter Editor refused to work under random conditions.
- Added new shortcuts in the sample editor to center the waveform display around loop points.
- The previous version introduced some perceivable performance drops in the instrument editor and sample browser.
- Vibrato and fine portamento were sometimes too weak in IT files in the previous version.
- ProTracker-compatible tone portamento behaviour in MOD files.
- Improved STM playback accuracy.