The latest version of OpenMPT has been released today.
This is another update for OpenMPT 1.26 with more bugfixes, improvements and also some new features. These are the noteworthy improvements and changes in OpenMPT 1.26.04.00:
- MIDI Pitch Wheel changes can now be recorded to patterns as MIDI macros.
- Keys entered in the instrument column are now redirected to the note column if they didn't trigger any action.
- Mix Paste and Insert Paste are now available in the sample editor.
- AU / SND (Sun Audio) samples can now be imported. Additionally, WAV and AIFF samples with 64-bit float data, μ-law and A-law codecs are now supported.
- Can now rename plugin presets by clicking on the preset name in the editor. Not all plugins support this.
- Added option to remove all unused channels in the cleanup manager.
- Improved playback for 669, DBM, DMF, DSM, MT2, PSM16 and ULT files. The MDL loader has also been rewritten completely and imports MDL files more accurately.
A change has been made to the update checker: When anonymous update statistics are enabled, your operating system version is now sent along with the current OpenMPT version number. We would like to gather this data in order to better plan the system requirements for future OpenMPT versions: It will help us with determining which minimum Windows and Wine versions we should support, as every old operating system versions adds an extra burden to our limited development resources.
libopenmpt has been updated as well with the same playback and module loader fixes.