The first update for OpenMPT 1.27 has been released today. It brings the following bugfixes and improvements:
- Provide tooltips for order list items to see their position (e.g. for creating a pattern jump target) and pattern name.
- Clipboad Manager is now resizable.
- In the Find and Replace dialog, switching between normal and "extended" effects (Exy / Sxy) could confuse the parameter that was being searched for.
- Setting sample loops through the context menu did not create an undo point.
- In IT "Compatible Gxx" mode, allow sample changes next to a tone portamento effect if a previous sample has already stopped playing.
- In the MOD format, slides and delayed notes are executed on every repetition of a row with row delay.
- Take XG / GS drum channel setup into account for deciding whether to import note-offs in MID files.
- Can now choose which sequences to export. To make some space for this feature in the export dialog, the rather useless export file size limitation was removed.
- Better support for opening files with very long path names via DDE.
- Possible crash when closing a currently playing module with lots of speed changes.
- On Wine, keyboard input was not possible in some dialogs.
By the way - I am working on a scientific thesis about collaborative module editing over the internet in OpenMPT. I need to conduct a user study to evaluate this new feature, and for this I need some volunteers. It won't take long! If you are interested, you can find more information in a forum post.
libopenmpt has also been updated with the same playback fixes.