While preparations for the first OpenMPT 1.28 take a bit longer, we have decided to release another OpenMPT 1.27 update to correct a few problems. This also means that the example song competition has been extended as well.
The following improvements have been made:
- Amplification with both fade-in and fade-out enabled was broken, and partially selected channels were sometimes amplified when they should not have been.
- Trying to apply an invalid sample rate and then choosing the upsample or downsample option instead caused the wrong sample rate to be chosen for resampling.
- Reject resampling ratios greater than or equal to 512 when using r8brain for resampling as they resulted in a crash.
- Clicks when stopping channels that didn't end at zero volume in 64-bit builds.
- Do not import commands N and M as channel volume commands in XM.
- Implement horizontal wheel scrolling for pattern / sample / instrument editors. Useful e.g. for pattern navigation with some trackpoint drivers.
- Notes triggered from any editor could be played with a panbrello effect if some other channel was previously playing with panbrello.
- Possible crash with malformed MED files.
libopenmpt has also been updated with the same loader and playback fixes.