This is a small update to OpenMPT 1.28, fixing a handful of issues found in the previous release and enhancing OPL support in the MPTM format:
- Despite of announcing the opposite, builds of OpenMPT 1.28.02.00 for Windows XP / Vista still did not work on CPUs without SSE2 support.
- In MPTM, OPL notes can now be controlled (volume / pan / pitch) after they have been released. Note Cut (
^^^) now really cuts OPL notes, use
===to release them instead. For existing MPTM files, the legacy behaviour is used.
- When initializing an OPL instrument, the undo state of the sample slot was not updated.
- IT: Various fixes for note-off + instrument number in Old Effects mode.
- MO3: Import IT row highlights as written by MO3 126.96.36.199 or newer. Properly import MIDI program and bank info.
- On Wine on Linux, prefer DirectSound over WaveOut because there are still systems with winealsa.drv where WaveOut occasionally breaks. This change only affects new installations of OpenMPT.
- MIDI Export: Pitch bend was not reset when two instruments shared a MIDI channel.
- Possible crash when doing a portamento from an OPL instrument to an empty instrument note map slot.
libopenmpt has also been updated with the same playback and security fixes.