This update to OpenMPT 1.29 is mostly a bugfix release focussing on crashes with malformed files, but also improves existing features. Here are the most important changes:
- Drum key names were not displayed for SF2 soundfonts in the tree view.
- Find & Replace: Fixed various issues with replacing extended commands Sxy / Exy.
- MIDI Export now writes loopStart and loopEnd cue markers. The loopEnd marker is now also supported by MIDI import (loopStart already was supported), as are EMIDI loop start / end CCs.
- The limit of 128 regions per DLS / SF2 instrument has been removed (some complex drum programs can exceed the previous limit).
- Extracting drums from SF2 drum instruments with a global region didn't work since OpenMPT 1.29.01.00.
- Maximum rows per beat are now limited to 65536 to avoid excessive memory usage by malformed files when using Tempo Swing.
- Fixed crashes and slow loading with malformed files in various formats.
libopenmpt has also been updated with the same security fixes.