This update to OpenMPT 1.29 improves accessibility, fixes various bugs and improves existing features. Here are the most important changes:
- When browsing song contents in the tree view sample browser, Backspace now goes back to the folder containing the song when in the lower half of the tree view. There is now also a context menu option to close the song.
- Grey out plugin names in channel headers if plugins are disabled on a channel.
- Pressing the Application key on the order list and instrument editor's sample map now opens the context menu.
- Added shortcuts for opening the channel context menu and channel plugin context menu.
- In the instrument and effect columns, commands assigned to special keys (Num / Caps / Scroll Lock) were executed twice, so e.g. using scroll lock to toggle song follow mode didn't work in these columns.
- When switching between tabs using keyboard shortcuts, and when switching between samples in the sample editor using keyboard shortcuts, the currently chosen instrument / sample is now updated correctly between pattern / samples / instrument editors.
- Added shortcut to start renaming samples / instruments on the comments tab (default: Ctrl+Enter).
- Since OpenMPT 1.29.01.00, it was pretty much impossible to rename instruments from the comments tab due to auditioning.
- IT tremor command
I11erroneously behaved like
I00(use previous parameter), unless IT Old Effects were enabled.
- Small playback improvments for PTM, IMF and DBM files.
- SFZ: Added support for reading various other
*_label opcodes. They are not used for import but if their value contains spaces, it should no longer confuse the parser.
- SF2: Stereo sample merging didn't work for many soundfonts because panning values were stored for each envelope (of which there was one per instrument) rather than for each region.
- DLS: The first region of every instrument was not imported in OpenMPT 1.29.12.00.
- When enabling the Display.HighResUI option, some file selector dialogs could hang (presumably due to a Windows bug) when hovering the file type dropdown on a mixed-DPI monitor setup.
- Key Config Dialog: Avoid bogus "Invalid Slot" message box when receiving MIDI CCs while the "Find Hotkey" input field is focussed.
- Possible crash when loading malformed MDL files.
- Possible crash in the instrument editor when releasing a note key that translates to a note above B-9.
libopenmpt has also been updated with the same security fixes.