This update to OpenMPT 1.29 focusses on fixing various small bugs and is most likely going to be the last OpenMPT 1.29 update. Here are the most important changes:
- The Parameter Editor now has a new fill option to only change parameters next to notes and remembers the last fill action when reopening the editor.
- Soundfonts used in the MIDI library sometimes caused unexpected instruments to be loaded due to the ordering of instruments in the soundfont file (e.g. GeneralUser GS). Now OpenMPT always loads the instrument with the lowest bank number.
- Soundfont drum instruments with more than 128 regions didn't work correctly.
- Fixed various other issues with complex SF2 soundfonts such as GeneralUser GS, e.g. missing support for key ranges in presets.
- Loading drum samples from soundfonts into the sample editor now translates them to be usable at middle-C rather than at their original mapped key.
- When mixing internal and external MIDI messages in the same macro and using a smooth MIDI macro command, the external macros were no longer interpolated correctly.
- IMF: Change envelope interpretation to be more like in XM instead of IT (sustain point has no precedence over normal loop, and loops are shortened by one tick).
- MED: Some samples had a ping-pong loop when there should be no loop at all.
- MT2: Ignore incorrect drums chunk size in early MT2 files (fixes e.g. "A little Rock" by Csumi).
- MT2: Work around initial master volume of 0 used in some files that apply a fade-in a the song start using track automation that would stay silent forever otherwise (track automation is currently not supported).
libopenmpt has also been updated with the same fixes.